Old 07-02-2003, 09:01 PM
pp

Default Clay soil & sharp sand - Thank You

A short note to thank you all for the response to my query.
Mixing sharp sand is far from being the correct way forward. I now have a
decide
what next is the next course action taking into consideration all your
useful suggestions.

Pete

pp wrote in message

Can you suggest a simple solution to improve the drainage of my heavy clay
soil. The area is approx
6ft by 4ft and has a slight dip. Hence after some rain fall, there is a
pool of water.

I have read that I can mix a sharp sand with the soil which would do the
job. However, mixing sand
and clay .. will this not make the soil more solid ?

Thank you in advance for your response.

Pete