Old 05-12-2005, 08:38 PM posted to rec.gardens
Doug Kanter

Default Urgent. Need Help!

"raycruzer" wrote in message
ups.com...

Doug Kanter wrote:
"beleebala" wrote in message

I have a biology project due tomorrow morning and I need to identify
this plant. Anyone can help?? Some say it's a mint. However, it does
not look like a mint to me. Thanks in advance.

[image: http://www.hkvote.com/plant.jpg]

How does the teacher expect the class to ID plants? Using one of those
books
which narrows things down gradually based on various characteristics?

An example would be "Keys to Woody Plants", by W.C. Muenscher, Cornell
University Press.

You'll find a lot of plant and weed ID databases with images at
Ergonica World of Weeds www.ergonica.com.

Good luck!

My point was based on what I'll admit was a guess: The teacher didn't want
them to post a picture on the web and take the easy way out. He/she might've
wanted them to consult a guide which leads them through the ID process in a
way which helps them learn the proper names for various plant features
(palmate, etc). If that site offers such a thing, I didn't spot it, although
I glanced quickly.