Old 07-12-2005, 09:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Ray

Default hygrometer and thermometer

Or, if you already have an SLR camera, use that meter. Here's how:
http://www.firstrays.com/measurelight.htm

"jadel" wrote in message
ups.com...

SriBikeJi wrote:
OrchidKitty wrote:
[snip]
Another tool that you might consider is a meter that measures light
from various sources--daylight, HID, and flourescent. It was a real
eye-opener for me--I didn't have nearly as much light as I thought I
had.

[snip]

Could someone recommend a good light meter?

There are lightmeters used by photographers and set designers which
measure in footcandles or lux. They are accurate, but not cheap. Be
prepared to pay a minimum of about $130-150 . High-end meters can cost
about $600.

They can be had at various photo supply outfits such as B&H Photovideo.

One footcandle model is the Sekonic L-246. It goes for about $135.

J. Del Col