Old 08-12-2005, 02:41 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
spiral_72

Default diy external co2 reactor

Uh, I've used a liberal amount of epoxy before, but that kinda depends
on the type of plastic. You won't know till you try it. That might be
the easiest if you etch the case with a rough file around the bonded
area first.

I don't know what the diameter of the case is so a brass hose barb,
steel nipple through the case wall and a steel union threaded down on
the inside might work. Use O-rings from the local hardware store too.
If the diameter is too small, say less than ummmm 6 inches, it might
not seal very well.

I am assuming you will use a powerhead to pump water through the can?
I'd pipe the CO2 as close to the water inlet as possible. The high
velocity water will pick up the bubbles and the turbulant air inside
the can should help dissolve the CO2.