Old 08-12-2005, 03:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
?

Default hygrometer and thermometer

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 05:43:59 -0500 in Ray wrote:
My GH is a bit too far from the house for the Radio Shack units to reach, so
I bought an Oregon Scientific unit - temperature (with alarms and max-min)
and RH from 300 feet, AND it has a radio controlled clock that is updated by
the atomic clock broadcasts.

Being a geek, I've looked at some of the dallas semiconductor one
wire sensors and have contemplated using one of the standard
microprocessor prototype boards to do data collection and dissimenation
from several such sensors.

Unfortunately, work has me doing way too much overtime destroying
the North American phone system[1], so I don't have time to tinker.

[1] Actually I'm just upgrading equipment. The Telcos,
FCC, and congress are already quite effective at destroying
the phone system.

--
Chris Dukes
Suspicion breeds confidence -- Brazil