Old 12-12-2005, 07:01 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Mike

Default brown/black "puffs" growing in lawn

I can't find much information on "dioxin balls," but obviously dioxin should
be a concern.

You said they were little, but in actuality there's not small. Probably 4-5"
in diameter at the top. How do these things grow? Is there something wrong
with my lawn? I'd be interested in knowing more if you can point me in the
right direction.

Thanks for the help!

"Oscar_Lives" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
Hello,

I have these things in my yard that look like brown buff balls (almost
like large mushrooms). Last year when I had these I accidentally popped
one and they let out a lot of black/brown dust. I can take pictures if
necessary, but I figured someone might know exactly what these are. Any
idea? They're isolated in one area -- same as last year.

Thanks!
Mike

Those are little dioxin balls. Don't pop 'em unless you have a hazmat
suit on.