Old 14-12-2005, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Andrzej Konarski

Default Adding nitrates without adding Ca, Mg or K

Philippe Lemaire (remove oldies) wrote:
Andrzej Konarski wrote:

I add Kno3 to water change and I reach with this method 20 ppm of
no3 and 12 ppm of K.
I want to have 200 ppm of K and the 8 ppm I reach adding Kcl(can add
k2so4 but I use ro water )
I dont add more Kno3 in week because K can cumulate.
If 20 ppm to fresh water dont pass and in the end of week I have 0
ppm of no3 I add more fish.
With this method I hold correct target of K (20ppm).
If You want add nitrates daily or in every other day add NH4NO3 but
do not measure and check no3 but Nh4.
He is more dangerous, but plants teke nh4 faster and without any
loss of energy.

--
Pozdrawiam
Konarski Andrzej

" Akwarium bez roślin jest niczym ogród bez kwiatów "

I already have too many fishes and too much K (60 ppm) ;-)
And probably too many plants !

Philippe

And You have low no3 ?