Old 14-12-2005, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Charles

Default Adding nitrates without adding Ca, Mg or K

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 00:08:22 +0100, "Philippe Lemaire \(remove
oldies\)" wrote:

Andrzej Konarski wrote:
Użytkownik "Philippe Lemaire (remove oldies)"
napisał w wiadomości
news
Andrzej Konarski wrote:
I stay at about 25 ppm adding 40 ppm per week and changing 1/6 of the
water.

And what do you want ot change ?
I cannot understand You !!!
You have high no3 and do You want to add nitrates or amonium ???

I have to add Ca or Mg to keep NO3 crashing to 0...
My tank consumes 40 ppm NO3 per week that I have to add...
Unfortunately Ca and Mg are added in the same time !

If I good understand You....
It's not possible !!!
I add too mg,ca, no3 and po4 together and mg and ca dont crashing anything.

I meant NO3 is kept constant although Mg and Ca go higher and higher...

Philippe

Seems to me then that the suggestion of ammonium nitrate would work,
if your filters can convert the ammonia quickly enough to nitrite,
then to nitrate. Other than that, highly dilute nitric acid.