Old 15-12-2005, 07:37 AM posted to rec.gardens
MICHELLE H.

Default Questions...

I have been getting a bunch of different questions asking more about my
jerky neighbor and his RUDE actions, so I will try to answer most of
them for you guys/gals:

1) "How does he get along with the other neighbors?":
--------------------------------------------------------------- I don't
think he ever talks to the neighbors on the other side ( to the right )
of him because the right side of his yard is all fenced in with a 6 foot
high stockade fence, so I guess he doesn't like people throwing stuff in
his yard!! He also doesn't talk to the neighbors across the street from
us either.

BUT he has NO PROBLEM watching everybody!!! He watches EVERY move that
we ( his neighbors ) all make. My other neighbor across the street told
me and I quote that, "he is the eyes of the neighborhood".

2) "Does he have a barking dog?":
--------------------------------------------------------------- He does
have a dog that is constantly barking ALL the time!! He has one of those
little white American Eskimo dogs, and the damn thing NEVER shuts up. He
keeps the dog outside and couped up 24 hours a day in a dog kennel/cage
type of thing and the dog is barking EVERY 5 minutes, including 1, 2, 3,
4 am in the morning!!!

He also has about 30 chickens and roosters which are always crowing
bright and early at like 5 am and has about 50 rabbits which he lets run
around loose and they come over into my yard.

3) "Does he rent or own his home?":
--------------------------------------------------------------- He owns
his home.

4) "How old is this guy":
--------------------------------------------------------------- Probably
between 45-55 ( roughly )

5) "Does he have a wife I can talk to?":
He has a wife, but she is or at least seems snotty and stuck up. She
NEVER says hi or anything and is the type of person that will look the
other way if she sees you and PRETEND like she doesn't see you.

6) "How long have I lived next to him?":
--------------------------------------------------------------- I moved
in to my current home about 2 years ago. I am not sure how long he has
been in his house for? I think he has been here for at least a couple of
years.

7) "Have I had any problems with him before?":
No, I have never had any kind of fights or arguments with him before. I
have always been nice to him even though I have only talked to him
occasionally.

When his lawnmower was broken in the summer, I asked him if he wanted to
borrow mine so that he could mow his lawn, even though he refused.

When part of a big tree in his backyard fell down this past summer,
during a thunderstorm and landing in his backyard, I let him borrow my
chainsaw so that he could cut it up. This is how I saw him stacking the
firewood in his backyard the next day with his "bad back" and "bad legs"
that he claims he has?

When he went away on summer vacation for a week, he asked me if I could
watch over his house and water his vegetable garden for him, which I
did.

So I have done all the above for him, but he still throws his cigarette
butts, wrappers, trash, and snow into my yard???

Maybe he gets mad because I don't talk to him when he is standing there
watching me as he smokes his cigs.?? This is one thing I really hate, is
he watches EVERYTHING I do outside in my yard, and this really makes me
mad, so I will just do what his wife does to me, and ignore him and
pretend he isn't even there.

Whether I am watering my flowers, planting flowers/vegetables/trees,
mowing the lawn, weeding, raking leaves, washing my car, shovelling
snow, etc, etc. he has to come outside onto his back porch, stand there,
smoke his Cigarette and WATCH ME!!! And even if I am outside for a long
period of time, he is out there EVERY 10 MINUTES with another cigarette
in his mouth puffing away looking at me!!! So I just ignore him.

OR

Maybe he is jealous because I work hard to TRY to keep my yard looking
nice. I like to plant my flowers, plant trees, take care of my grass
with grass seed and fertilizer, and stuff like that, and his yard is a
mess. His yard has cardboard boxes everywhere, the hedges are all
overgrown and haven't been trimmed in what looks like at least 2-3
years, his gutters are clogged and OVERFLOWING with leaves, when he mows
his lawn, he has his mower at the lowest setting and SCALPS the grass
and so its all dead and brown, he doesn't rake his leaves in the fall,
and so there are leaves everywhere, there are papers, laundry detergent
bottles, soda cans, and sticks/branches littering his backyard, to name
only a FEW things.

So maybe he sees how his yard is all dirty and filthy with debris and
litter, and that I like to take care of my yard, so thats why he throws
his cigarette butts, wrappers, and snow over into my yard, to make my
yard look messy too???

8) "When he throws the cigarette butts into my yard, are they still
lit?":
---------------------------------------------------------------YES!!! He
throws the cigarette butts over into my yard while they are still lit!!!
After he throws them over, I can see the smoke still coming up from
them. He does this whether it is cold, windy, wet, HOT, or DRY. I guess
he doesn't care if he causes a fire and burns down his house or MINE???

9) "WHAT kind of disability is he collecting?":
This is a tough one to answer as he never told me directly. But I am
almost positve though that he isn't on workers comp. He told me that he
hurt his back and legs a few years ago when he was helping his brother
move a couch up the stairs. He said he lost his balance and fell down
the stairs and ended up fracturing his spine and he now has 2 bad discs
in his back and pain in his legs, and he has to take about 15 different
pain medication pills a day to help with the pain.
He told me that he "only gets $600 dollars a month from disability." He
then told me that he "wishes that instead of getting injured at his
brothers home, he would have gotten injured at work at his former
factory job, because then he could have collected workers comp. through
his company and gotten more money monthly, because his current $600
dollars a month doesn't help him make ends-meet and he barely gets by."

So I assume that he is on Social Security Disabilty??