Old 20-12-2005, 04:50 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Srgnt Billko

Default snowblower - ariens/tecumseh carb problem

"bently" wrote in message
.. .
Srgnt Billko wrote:
"bently" wrote in message

Hi

Hopefully someone has experienced this. I have an old ariens with a 6hp
tecumseh engine. Lately (last snowfall) it seems to have no power and is
running rich (gas in a mist coming out the carb). I tried adjusting the
main mixture on the bottom of the bowl, but this has not resolved
anything. The engine idles fine but under full throttle runs rough, and
with any load will start to stall.

The spark plug is new, so that is not in the equation. I think it has
something to do with the carb, but any adjustments don't seem to resolve
the rich running situation. Any suggestions / ideas are welcome.

Bently

No help here - but I just picked up an Ariens / Tecumseh with a 32" auger
for free cause they couldn't keep it running and now they can't start it.
The first thing I notice is the shroud over the carb is difficult to get
off and when I finally did I found the throttle / governor linkage seized
by crud and rust. I am guessing nobody had it off previously. I drained
all the gas out but the carb bowl looks pretty clean. That's as far as I
got so far. Too damn cold to work long outdoors.

My blower does not have a shroud, everything is free and clean, the bowl
and jets are clean, it just doesn't run very well at full throttle.

I intentionally mentioned the governor linkage. Any springs missing ? Any
linkage look loose ?