Old 16-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Essjay001

Default Sycamore by any other name

Warwick scribbled:

While in Japan on holiday in October, I wandered under some of the
micer looking Acers and picked up seeds.

These have been subjected to the British winter as experienced by a
seed sitting in a car glove compartment since.

I'm thinking that it'll be soon time to subject them to the warmer
climes of the greenhouse.

Any suggestions?

Yes burn them it is not clever and probably illegal to plant non native
species that have not been properly certified. You have no idea if they are
disease free, you could be planting a time bomb. Remember a time whem this
country was covered in Elm Trees!

Did you ask the owners if you could take them if not you could be guilty of
theft!

---