Old 16-02-2003, 11:26 PM
Warwick

Default Sycamore by any other name

In article ,
says...
Warwick scribbled:

While in Japan on holiday in October, I wandered under some of the
micer looking Acers and picked up seeds.

These have been subjected to the British winter as experienced by a
seed sitting in a car glove compartment since.

I'm thinking that it'll be soon time to subject them to the warmer
climes of the greenhouse.

Any suggestions?

Yes burn them it is not clever and probably illegal to plant non native
species that have not been properly certified. You have no idea if they are
disease free, you could be planting a time bomb. Remember a time whem this
country was covered in Elm Trees!

Ah yes, and the Acer Palmatum Japonica that thrive and perform the task
of being lovely specimens in gardens throughout the country should all
be dug out at the same time? These are Acer Palmatum Japonica Garnet,
bloodgood and a couple of others that I didn't know the precise species
of. Are you aware of what an Acer is?

Did you ask the owners if you could take them if not you could be guilty of
theft!

I don't know the Japanese for "Can you tell me the name of the owner of
this mountain so I can ask if I can take this handful of seeds off it.".
Do you? It's a fecking *seed*. It fell off a small tree on a mountain.
It is a known plant/tree type and they're grown, sold and imported into
the UK by the million every year.

---

A sig seperator is "-- " not "---"

Is News also checked? Since most of the AV products I've seen can't
catch traffic on port 119 unless they're dedicated to the task.

Warwick - hostile me?