Old 31-12-2005, 03:28 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-lo

Default Riccia?

"GS" wrote in message
Does this require CO2 to grow and do well? I have a 32 gallon with 135W of
PC lighting, but as of yet no CO2. Guy at the LFS wanted to sell me some
but told me it wouldn't survive without CO2. Is this true?

I grew it without CO2. Don't believe what the people in the shops tell you.
I wish I could find riccia locally. Most places are selling a ground moss as
riccia. It slowly dies underwater. Make sure you actually get riccia and
not ground moss.

I don't mind if it
grows slowly, but if its true its gonna die then I will obviously pass on
it.

It thrived in my alkaline hard water. All I added was an aquarium fertilizer
with iron.

Also, do you have to tie this down to something to keep it at the
bottom?

It's a floater. Let it float.

Cause from what I've been told if you don't it floats to the top and
makes a mess. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

It doesn't make a mess. It stays together in a ball.
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952