Old 02-01-2006, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
§tudz

Default hair algea

"Bill Stock" wrote in message
My setup is very similar to yours, except I have more light.

I had a bout with hair algae too, before I added more plants. I just kept
pulling it off and I finally got rid of it. Then I got BGA (a real
scourge) and now some minor BBA.

Do you add PO4 or traces? How much CO2 do you use, quite a bit based on
your PH and KH?

I've seen Florida Flag fish recommended for HA or a blackout if it's
really bad.

Platies are also noted to eat hair algae, as well as a similar LB but Im bot
sure of its name, it looks like a platy, BUT is a rare find.
I have one baby platy in the Tank with the problem and he eats the HA and
BA.

§tudz