Old 05-01-2006, 06:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
Vox Humana

Default How to burn leaves?

"Wibble" wrote in message
ups.com...
Does anyone know any clever ways of burning leaves? Simple design for
an effective incinerator or something? My leaves are a little damp and
need some help to get going.

I can't make anymore compost. These guys need to burn.

A few years ago I decided it might be a good idea to burn some yard waste.
I contacted the local fire department. They had very specific rules on
burning, including acceptable ways to build fire pits, etc. Your best bet
is to make that call because it doesn't matter what someone here thinks if
you end up being fined by the local authorities. By the way, after making
the call, I gave up on the idea of burning anything.