Old 06-01-2006, 01:16 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
**bg**

Default URls fer yoo - USDA zone map for UK - for comparison of climate, where to find?

"slugbug" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone know where I might be able to find (online, hopefully) something
like a USDA zone map of the UK? I'd like to have a comparison of
climates, in case I do some seed trading and such, so that I can be
knowledgeable about what might do well in various locales. Everything
I have is based on USDA zone maps, showing hardiness from zone 1 (very
cold) to zone 11. (subtropical) Here in Southwest Ohio, we are right
on the verge of being 5b or 6a, which means that in a typical winter,
we get down to 10 below zero Fahrenheit. Some years we only get down
to zero, but every 5 to 10 years, we might get down to 15 below.

____________________________

Hi,

Here on the west coast of Canadar (similar to Washington State and Oregon -
tho temps drop a bit going north) we have climate pretty well identical to
UK, it's called West Coast Marine.

See
http://www.uwsp.edu/geo/faculty/ritt...est_coast.html

and

http://www.uwsp.edu/geo/faculty/ritt...est_coast.html

Hey, try grapes, old crops make fine raisins, good organic crop to grow as
many commercial and wine grapes are sprayed with sulphites, yuk eh..

Mulch well in winter, or grow them in containers and bring them inside in
winter.

Cheers eh,

RjC
www.lchb.ca