Old 06-01-2006, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L

Default Your favourite gardens?

Sacha wrote:
We're thinking of doing a tour of bits of UK later this year and are
trying to decide which parts to visit. Obviously, we'll have to sit
down and plan the routes we take 'there and back' but would be
grateful for suggestions as to 'must see' gardens. Some might have
to wait for a separate trip, though. Ray has seen several, I've seen
very few so in a sense, we're starting from scratch. What are *your*
favourite gardens in *your* area and further afield, too. All
suggestions gratefully received!

I'm not big on visiting gardens etc but Croxteth Hall in Liverpool is quite
impressive, it has a walled Victorian garden (which was once heated, through
the walls!) and some very old apple trees:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/local...all/park.shtml

And:
http://www.croxteth.co.uk/

The hall is over 400 years old.