Old 07-01-2006, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle

Default USDA zone map for UK - for comparison of climate, where to find?

Rupert wrote:
"slugbug" wrote in message
oups.com...
The UK uses Celcius not Fahrenheit.

I understand that. Unfortunately, you Britons foisted Miles and
Fahrenheit on us back when we were getting started, and we've been
stuck with them ever since.

[...]
I do not wish to upset you but the American Gallon degrees F and
Miles are all slightly larger than the UK -

Not quite. The US gall is smaller than the Imp. The gals, now, that's
a different story...

I'm a bit surprised about the degree F, though: thought that was
internationally agreed, though not, of course, SI.

--
Mike.