Old 08-01-2006, 07:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default USDA zone map for UK - for comparison of climate, where to find?

"Dave Poole" wrote in message
On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 18:17:49 -0000, "Rupert"
wrote:

I do not wish to upset you but the American Gallon degrees F and Miles are
all slightly larger than the UK -

Yeah well they've always been a bit sizeist

Also, you can't get away with claiming that we foisted these
measurements on you. At the time fahrenheit was the accepted scale.
Times changed and so did we. Your lot made the choice to stick with
it - no fault of ours.
Dave Poole

Indeed!
The thermometer in Death Valley was reading 93 in the shade at 10am one morning
while we were there.

Apart from knowing it was hot, I could not remember the F scale at all!
When did Britain change over to C?

jenny