Old 21-02-2003, 12:43 PM
Stephen Howard

Default Bottle cloches

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003 07:48:55 +0000, Chris ] wrote:

Just bought three plastic bottle cloches - a bit expensive - but they
look really convenient to use. Any advice on what they would be most
useful for? I thought of early radish and lettuce.

They come in handy in April when you want to get your courgettes and
beans off to an early start - there's nearly always a light frost at
the end of the month that scuppers the impatient gardener!

I use old water-cooler bottles - these things are about a foot in
diameter by 18 inches tall - and free from the plastics recycling skip
at the local tip.

Regards,

www.shwoodwind.co.uk