Old 13-01-2006, 06:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Travis M.

Default Parker neem : Pure neem oil Bio pesticide, Neem cake organic fertilize

Persephone wrote in message

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 21:44:25 GMT, "Lawrence Akutagawa"
wrote:

Persephone wrote in message

I recently read -- don't remember where -- that neem
products
aren't necessarily all they are/were cracked up to be.

Any info out there?

I jumped onto the neem oil bandwagon several years ago. Had
as
many pests as when I didn't use any pesticides of any kind.
Am
now back to tried and true vegetable oil (left over from
tempura
cooking) laced with liquid kitchen detergent mixed with
water. A
whole lot less expensive than neem oil and tons more
effective.

WOW!! Thanks, pal -- I just love hearing about non-commercial
products. Can you give ratio of oil to-detergent-to water?

Also: Where do you recommend it be used? Straight question.
IOW, on food plants (leafy and/or root), or just decorative.

Thanks

Persephone
IOW -

I use:

2 tsp dish soap
2 tbsp veg oil
1 gallon water

Shake well and add to hose end sprayer set to 2.5 to 4 oz. Keep
the solution in the sprayer mixed up. A golf ball added to
sprayer helps.

USDA Zone 8
Sunset Zone 5