Old 15-01-2006, 01:58 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Philippe Lemaire \(remove oldies\)

Default Adding nitrates without adding Ca, Mg or K

Richard Sexton wrote:

It shouldn't. Where were you ading potassium.

If you chnage half he water once a week it'll take care of any
imbalances although you may need ot make two 80% water changes
to get rid of any current exess wastes (like too much K).

If you think it doesnt come from the substrate, it shall come from the
trace mix...

I'd go for 50. This limits any concentration of chemicals
you ad per week to 2X their weekly dose as an absolute
upper bound.

Agreed ! Now, the upper bound is 4X but I don't have the composition
of my trace mix (in K and Fe at least) !

GH and KH slowly go down :-)
Unfortunately not K, so I will limit the trace mix

Which Fe level should be OK ?

3ppm unchelated and 3 ppm chelated is what natural cryptocoryne
waters in Asia are (Host and Kipper). I use that and it seems to be fine.

JBL test said 0.4, back to 0.2 since I incresed the water changes !

Cheers,

Thanks again !

Philippe