Old 18-01-2006, 06:31 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Dave@AquaFlora

Default PC Fluorescents...actual light output different from typical wpg standards?

I have heard the PC lighting delivers 3-4 times more light output than
standard fluorescents. How does one measure wpg in this case? I have a 33
gallon I'll be setting up in the near future. I'm contemplating on getting
some PC units with very high rated reflectors from ahsupply. I would like
~3wpg. Should I get the 2x36W or 2x55W setup? If I went with normal wpg
standards it would be 2.2wpg (2x36w) or 3.3wpg (2x55w).

Thanks for any help!

Dave.