Old 18-01-2006, 06:40 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Steve Michie

Default How many hrs of light per day?

"Koi-lo" wrote in message

I was told when I bought the original one years ago (Fishtown USA) that
this filter is designed for water polishing and not as a continuous run
filter. As far as I know this is still true.

Page 14 of the manual - Specifications :-

"When using the diatom as a treatment by continuous filtration, you should
take care not to 'overwork' or tire your fish by too much current over a
long period of time."

Surely there would be a warning about NOT using the filter for continuous
filtration rather than the above if it wasnt designed for it ???

Thoughts ??

I dont really wanna blow up my $500 investment - yep - damn expensive over
here in oz - hehe doh !!
Cheers.