Old 18-01-2006, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-lo

Default How many hrs of light per day?

"Daniel Morrow" wrote in message
I do know that the vortex freedom filter is sold as a continuous duty
filter, and I have read that the other filters (xl, d1, and competitors
except for maybe the whisper diatomaceous earth filter called the
"diatomagic") are not designed to be used continuously, apparently for
multiple reasons. Just thought I'd throw that out there so you can make an
informed decision (i.e. returning the filter for another type like the
vortex freedom filter or for a refund for example). Good luck and later!

I missed something. I didn't know he was talking about a DE filter other
than the Vortex xl or d1. I have an older d1. As far as I know it was not
designed for continuous use but can't find the pamphlet that came with it.
These filters clog so quickly since they filter such fine particles from the
water I can't see how you can run them continuously.
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952