Old 19-01-2006, 05:51 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default new planted tank setup- what about the filter?

In article ,
fusQuanto wrote:
i just setup a 55g tank, i read somewhere that the carbon filter stuff
is bad for a planted tank.

You'll hear that alright. And you'll hear carbon adds phosphate
and you'll hear it removes iron and/or trace elements. Whatever.

It makes your water clean and smelling nice. We use the same stuff
in brita filters to make wate so clean girls in blue swimsuits
dive into the stuff that comes out of these plastic cannisters
if you can believe TV ads. Good stuff that carbon.

It has to be high quality carbon, but I've never seen any difference
using it and not using it that I could attriute to carbon. Change
your water and fertilze and you really needn't sweat anything
else, it'll all just click. Did I mention the importance of
reqular frequent no kidding don't put it of till tomorrow again
water changes?

Why are you still sitting there, get up and go get a hose.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net