Old 23-02-2003, 08:40 PM
ned

Default Holes in flower bed

Kay Easton wrote:
In article , JimM
writes
Hi

Spent the morning clearing a flower bed that was pretty much
covered by weeds and I've unearthed two small holes which are
presumably burrowa of some sort. They are about an inch in
diameter and 3 feet apart, I've not disturbed them so have no idea
how deep or whether they are connected. Any ideas as to what might
of made them and if it is still likely to be living there ? I did
have moles digging up my lawn 2 years ago is the messy sod back

bank voles?

Yes, mole tunnels are usually a bit bigger than 1 inch diameter. But
there are a whole range of voles and shrews that then have to be
considered.
Now, if you had a dropping, or a few hairs from behind the left ear,
we might be able to be a bit more specific. ;-)

--
ned