Old 21-01-2006, 06:10 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Daniel Morrow

Default (Koi-lo) - more vortex DE filter discussion...

Bottom posted.
Richard Sexton wrote:
I'm about to do a 50% water change - and will then try a 3rd charge
in the DE filter - maybe my water is just so filthy that 2 charges
wasnt enough to get it crystal clear ? (although I would think the
flow would all but stop thru the filter rather than just miss all
the super fine particles ?)

My notes; I've seen this too.

http://aquaria.net/articles/filter/diatom/
http://aquaria.net/articles/filter/vortex/

Thanks for the notes - I also found them to be educational - it will be
interesting to see if the original poster does too. Good luck and later!