Old 21-01-2006, 11:19 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Steve Michie

Default (Koi-lo) - more vortex DE filter discussion...

"Koi-lo" wrote in message

If you just dump the power in the bottom and then let the water run in
and turn it on, it may not be coating the bag completely.

A fair point - but the method I used to charge was by adding the powder to a
jug immersed in the tank (alternate method in the manual) and letting the
vortex suck in the mixture - so the coating should have been nice & even ??

Maybe this episode still belongs in the x-files... ;-)

P.S. I have removed the vortex and am hoping that my cloud algae doesnt
return anytime soon. (touch wood)

I'll post a sob story if it does - chuckle

Thanx again all.
Cheers.
Stevo