Old 22-01-2006, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert

Default Copper Rings to Deter Slugs and Snails

"M" wrote in message
Last year the snails did their worst and I want to protect my garden this
year. I have heard that copper repels snails so placing copper rings
around plants should deter then. The cheapest I can find them is
http://www.ferndale-lodge.co.uk/Prod...product=572855
6 small for £13.25. At that price they are not an option. Is there
anywhere you can buy copper strip and make your own? I am aware that
copper is expensive but I hadn't expected it cost this much!

You could try a local builders merchant who should be apply to supply copper
sheet and coils for roof work but you may find that the quantity you need to
buy is prohibitive. An alternative is copper roofing nails which with
imagination can be fashioned to do a similar job.