Old 23-01-2006, 03:29 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Steve

Default Red tinted leaves?

Fishman wrote:
Hello all,
I'm not much of an aquatic gardener but I do enjoy the use of some live
plants in my tanks.

I've acquired a small collection of plants and placed them in my 240 gal
tank which uses an overflow and sump for circulation. This means that there
is unfortunately a large amount of air/water turbulence.

I understand that this practically strips out the CO2 from the water and am
trying to create a more laminar flow to reduce the air/water mixture. My
last modification helped and now the air/water turbulence is low enough that
I suspect some CO2 is remaining in the water column (albeit not much
though)....

Fishman

If you're not injecting CO2 into your aquarium then the water turbulence
may actually be a good thing. It'll at least keep aquarium CO2 in
equilibrium with that in the air.
Steve