Old 28-01-2006, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,alt.aquaria
Koi-lo

Default How much aeration needed?

"Tynk" wrote in message
oups.com...

Koi-lo wrote:
"Tynk" wrote in message
oups.com...
How do you make sure everyone who
buys your bettas provides them with live plants and gravel?

you are selling such cruel things and walked
out.
He knew better too. He's a local shop trying to compete with the chains
around him and I'm sorry, but he could have done better than that.
There's many 1g set ups with even a light that he could have sold for
less money than he was selling these torture chambers for.

I don't see any of those here.

Oh my..you've never seen these little plastic things with about 2-3
ounces of water to them..

No. I see the small ones that hold 8oz. That the smallest so far.

Hold on I am off to look for a link for you.
You won't believe your eyes.

Geeze, smaller than 8 oz???? :-(

Azoo is the comany that makes them. PenPlax alsomakes similar ones.
They do get small than what is in this picture, but without anything to
compare size to you really aren't going to see how very small these
things can get.
I've seen them smaller than what's in this link.

I just checked your link. No, I haven't seen them here. The smallest are
the tiny ivy bowls that hold about 8oz of water. Also some plastic tacky
trashy looking stuff that holds 8 to 10 oz. for bettas.

Azoo.com isn't up and running right now, I've been trying for half an
hour and still it's down.
PetCo likes to carry these things, but doesn't offer them on their
website.

Hummm....... ok I seldom go there because the PH is too low there and I
lose too many fish. Also, it's far.

It depends on the individual stores who carries these.
Some are only going to hold a couple to a few ounces of water. They are
very thin (front to back) too. It's sick.

That's why I'm saying SOMEONE should do something, start something to change
the laws like they did with hookbill birds in some states.!!! I'm serious
about that. It kills my soul to see GF sold with those small 1 gallon
bowls. They have no chance at all...... NONE!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Azoo-Betta-Fish-...QQcmdZViewItem

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952
My Pond & Aquarium Pages: