Old 29-01-2006, 11:01 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Far Thunder

Default calculate CO2 with phosphates

wrote in message oups.com...
A lot more than 2-3ppm PO4.

Do not use PO4 remover.
Do not use acid reducing pH control powders etc also.

You will not have any such issues with pH/KH/CO2 issues from PO4 from
then on.

Regards,
Tom Barr

www.BarrReport.com

Well that's just it..don't know where the PO4 is coming from, must be food. Tap water tests at .5ppm, but tank water is
routinely tested at 5-10ppm across a spectrum of tanks, community, species, planted/nonplanted, CO2injected, ,some with
Flourish Excel instead. . A turtle tank tests at 1.0ppm. Tanks were buffered with seachem alkaline buffer, but I discontinued
that about a month ago to see if that's what it was, to no avail. I just don't know how, even if it were the food, how that
much PO4 could "accumulate" in any given tank. I ordered some potassium supplement, have not been fertilizing plants at all
yet..would adding K help with PO4 uptake? And is 5-10ppm enough to be a "a lot more" causing interference with kh/ph/co2
charts? TIA

lila pilamaya