Old 06-02-2006, 06:55 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-Lo

Default New Shrimp Pics Posted

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message

I finally got off my lazy butt and posted a few pics of Atyopsis
moluccensis and Attya gabonese,
the latter being the most scretive shrimp I've ever had, but also the most
personality. You
would swear they're the smartest shrimp around too.

People feed these things? I don't, they just live in a big planted tank. I
have caught Atyopsis
moluccensis on film (err, on chip really) using their fans to gather food
from the aquarium floor
and have captured them eating a white worm so I guess they're not ONLY
filter feedrs.

I have some movies of them "fanning", once I can get them in to a format
(mpg) that everybody
can see I'll post them and let y'all know. (if anybody knows where I can
get a free MJPEG
codec for W98, please lemme know..

Ask this on alt.comp.freeware. That group is fantastic for recommending
things that are not only free but often hard to find yourself.

.. Ihave to jump through hoops to play back these
wavelet videos from a Fuji A101.

http://images.aquaria.net/invertebra...aceans/shrimp/

I loved the pics. :-) Unfortunately shrimp and GF don't get along. The GF
are convinced the shrimp are food.... :-(
--

Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...
Aquariums since 1952