Old 07-02-2006, 05:33 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc,rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
NetMax

Default New Shrimp Pics Posted

"Melissa Danforth" wrote in message
In rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants NetMax
wrote:

: Ditto, and I'm going to have an empty aquarium soon, but -
: ... what shrimp would like my 8.4pH, 13dkH, 16dgH water (?
: ..and then what fish could I put in that wouldn't eat the shrimp?

: I'm going to have to set up a tank at work soon, with nice soft city
: water.

I've kept Amano and a single rhino shrimp in water that was about that
hard
and a higher pH for a couple years. Their tankmates were a betta in one
tank
and Ameca splendens in another. I'm actually in the process of bringing
the
tank they're all now in down to match the water parameters I get out of
the
tap at my new location (pH 7.2, approx. 3dKH and 3dGH). The TDS
difference
was so pronounced (old was 600 average, current is 200 average) that I
put
rift lake cichlid salts in all my tanks on setup here to match the
parameters
of the old tap and minimize osmotic shock.

Hmm, considering Amanos require brackish water for their spawns to
survive, that might be a possibility.

Wouldn't that be a twist. If successful, I'd be feeding my other fish
with excess Amanos (and they sell for $5 each around here).
--
www.NetMax.tk