Old 07-02-2006, 07:05 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Al

Default Are any orchids poisonous?

The American Medical Association Handbook of Poisonous and Injurious Plants
does not list any member of the family Orchidaceae as being poisonous.

In other locations online you can learn that some are said to cause allergic
skin responses. Cypripedium reginia comes to mind.

Elsewhere and even here in our very own archives you can learn Onc.
cebollata is said to be an hallucinogen.

From my point of view all orchids cause the hullucination that you have
unlimited amounts of money and space. However, I don't think you have to
eat one to get hullucinogized. I think you just need to see one.

"J Fortuna" wrote in message
I know that some orchids are edible, but are any of them poisonous? or have
poisonous parts?

Joanna