Old 02-03-2003, 04:31 PM
Peter

Default Tiny white worms in compost bin

Nah - fascinating - thanks

"Gary Woods" wrote in message
"Peter" wrote:

I have just opened the bottom door on my compost bin to find plenty of
regular worms and millions on tiny white threadlike worms

Indifferent, I think. They often show up in a worm bin.... my plywood
indoor one has some... and don't seem to cause problems. I once actually
bought some of them to culture to feed tropical fish, which love them! In
that world they're called "white worms." You feed them from a little
plastic perforated cone suspended in the water; the idea is that the worms
crawl out a few at a time and are eaten immediately, so not burrowing into
the gravel, drowning, and fouling the water.
Which is more than you really wanted to know. I do that.