Old 04-03-2003, 11:14 PM
Steve Harris

Default Frog, toad and newt spawn

In article ,
(ned) wrote:

Get the pond right and they will find you

Not necessarily. When I was a child, we had a pond the frogs couldn't
find. We found some spawn about 6 miles away, brought it home, reared
them indoors and populated the pond. We then had frogs every year.

I'm seriously considering a small frog pond next to my new vegetable
patch to "manage" the slugs. If I can't make sure of having frogs, maybe
I should make it a giant beer trap instead? If I build it, slugs *will*
come!