Old 06-03-2003, 11:34 PM
Babberney

Default Tomato cages ( was Best place to buy tomato plants, etc.)

On Thu, 06 Mar 2003 01:50:25 GMT, Karen wrote:

(Victor M. Martinez) wrote in
:
They do have great plants
though and those really cool and sturdy, albeit expensive tomato
cages.

Thank you, Victor, for introducing a topic I was wondering about. I
bought those round tomato cages last year and my tomato plants were a
little too robust for them. What do the NG cages look like?

Karen

You can buy a roll of fencing wire and make your own pretty easily. I
even saw the guy on the new Victory Garden pull it off. You can get
4' or 5' and make them as large (diameter-wise) as you wish. I think
the lowe's depots of the world have fairly small rolls pretty cheap,
but if not I'm sure you could get them at callahans.

For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.../consumer.html