Old 10-02-2006, 05:55 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Gail Futoran

Default Java Fern/Moss

"PiperJason" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks for the input about the lighting. Now what about the growing the
Java Fern on the gravel? Possible? Not possible?

I have a fair amount of Java Fern in all my tanks.
The driftwood-attached plants make a lot of babies.
I don't get around to do something with the babies
quickly, so they just float around and grow on their
own until they're big enough to draw my attention.

I guess what I'm saying is unless you need to
have your Java Fern in one place, just let the
babies go wherever they will. But rather
than trying to grow them in gravel (which I
don't think will work), you could get some
small ornaments, like the little Roman corner
walls Petsmart sells, and tie the plants to
those.

For tying I use polyester thread you can
find anyplace that sells sewing thread.

Gail