Old 08-03-2003, 05:21 PM
Nuttshaw

Default Holding new roses in pots until the weather cooperates

Welcome, Sarah! What a wild thing to do, to move from GA to AR! I'd love
to hear more about the differences you experience in gardening there.

Hi Shiva,
Thank you for the welcome! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond.
We had a wedding here last month and I've been trying to recover and get the
house back to normal and get thank you notes done.
The moving to Arizona part was easy....I'm from Tucson. Leaving Georgia
was a little difficult for me. I was sooo in love with the green and trees
and having four seasons. Complete opposite of the desert. My plants took
off in Georgia. I couldn't believe my same puny plants were suddenly
thriving and exploding. Now that I'm back in Arizona, I'm being a little
more "motherly" with them. I've had to learn to bring the plants in and out
and move them around. I lost a lot in the moving van when we stopped in New
Mexico overnight and they froze. I was about to start bringing them into the
motel room but we already had a dog, cat and 2 birds in there....I couldn't
save my plants.

The carts?? If so, I need to go to HD soon.
Hmmm ... well, if I could drive a nail or saw a board, maybe I would know
if I liked building things, but I am all thumbs. You might be able to make
a fortune on pre-cut, assemble yourself carts. That I might be able to
handle. Are you using 20-inch (diameter across the top) pots, or what

size?

Yes, I'm using 20 inch pots. They are the same width on the bottom, no
tapering. The pot fits just right on the cart. The carts were at Home
Depot...outside... under the covered area. They were just thrown in a box.
As far as making them, I'm just feeling adventerous because we got a pile of
power tools for our wedding..... and I watch a lot of Changing Rooms/Trading
Spaces and I think I can build anything now. OYE!

Sarah