Old 12-02-2006, 09:23 PM posted to aus.gardens

Default my passionfruit is dying - please help!!

On Sun, 12 Feb 2006 15:06:34 +1100, HailtotheDuck wrote:

Hello there

I have had an extremely happy nellie kelly vine that I planted about
four years ago, and for the last two years we have been able to supply
passionfruit by the boxful to all of our neighbours and friends. About
two weeks ago a section of it started to wilt and turn brown and the
unripe fruit puckered up and dropped off, and now most of the vine is
turning up its toes.

It seems to have a bit of a powdery grey thing happening on some of the
stems and fruit, but the leaves seem to look ok, right up to the moment
when they wilt and die.

Does anyone know what is happening? Is there anything I can do to save
the rest of the vine? And is there any way I can prevent whatever-it-is
from killing off the other passionfruit vine round the side of the house?

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Nellie Kelly is only goo for 4 or 5 years.

Ideally, plant a new one every 3 years in different spots in the garden.