Old 14-02-2006, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default My tank chemistry readings...how to interpret

stability. Less and you're more prone to variations in pH due to
downward influences (mopani driftwood, CO2 injection, etc). A higher kH

Uh yeah, ABOUT that. Mopani's influence is not to be believed. I have 1200
ppm water and dropped a small (small!) chunck into a tank with about 30
each of 2 rare species of snails - spotted nerites and porcupine snails.

Within a week the water was slightly amber and all the snails were dead.

Huh.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home page: http://rs79.vrx.net