Old 16-02-2006, 05:43 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Eric Hunt

Default Where do you post your orchid pic

Steve,

They have a free version that's severely crippled. You can only have 200
photos visible, only a few sets, and your monthly bandwith is pretty
severely capped. And the free version has ads in it. $25/yr gets you pretty
much unlimited usage and no ads.

When you post photos from Flickr, the convention is to post them like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ericinsf/99527616/

That way people can see the photo and see any comments made on the photo as
well as what groups it is in and what keywords are assigned.

The other reason to post the link to the photo page is so people can explore
other photos by that person. When you post the static page, I have no idea
who posted the photo! =)

Thanks,

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"Steve" wrote in message
Are you sure it costs $25? I just now went there and made an account. It
didn't ask for any money.
A friend (Mauro from Brazil) was just showing some pictures tonight to the
Orchid Safari group. I thought his pictures of Den. chrysanthum were
pretty cool. Lets see how they work from he

http://static.flickr.com/27/98492005_4228ad8e64_o.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/39/98490843_5606e8086c_o.jpg

Steve

Eric Hunt wrote:

Jack,

In addition to my own website, I also use Flickr.

www.flickr.com

It's $25/yr and there are tons and tons of plant people posting photos.

You will have to sign up for a Yahoo! ID, so if you're one of the
anti-yahoo people, you have been warned.

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"Jack" wrote in message
ps.com...

For those of us without our own orchid site, or store is there a site
for posting pics of your orchids?

I have seen some sites listed in some of the posts, but still don't
know which site most people use.

any help appreciated.

Jack