Old 17-02-2006, 08:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Snooze

Default Absolute fastest Growing hedge plant for tall privacy screen????

"joe" wrote in message
ps.com...
I'm looking to make a privacy screen at least 10-15 ft or taller. I
need a plant that has leaves all year (evergreen) and will grow as tall
and thick as possible in the shortest amount of time. Also, and this
is important, it needs to be able to do so in shady conditions.

I've experimented with giant thuja, several bamboos, and lorrell. Any
better suggestions?

What if you planted a vine? Trumpet honeysuckle, and hall's honeysuckle come
to mind. Fairly fast growing, easily grows above the fence line.