Old 19-02-2006, 06:50 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Bill Stock

Default algae concerns going from 130W to 260W?

"Far Thunder" wrote in message
Hau kolas..

Question for the group.. I have heard from various sources that it may be
advantageous to control algae to interrupt the lighting cycle during the
day..say an hour "pause"..the theory being that plants can "react" quicker
than algae can to interrupted lighting (?). currently I have 130 watts 6700K
CF over 75 gallons of water for 11 hours. No algae concerns to speak of, but
I'm about to make the jump to 260W and am a bit concerned. Should I add a
"pause"? With the increase in wattage, should I expect a big algae bloom
until the plants catch up, or will the plants continue to outcompete it in
the first place? TIA

Do you run CO2? At 4 wpg you should.

lila pilamaya

--