Old 19-02-2006, 11:18 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-Lo

Default algae concerns going from 130W to 260W?

"Bill Stock" wrote in message

Apart from helping plants grow in a non CO2 tank, it seems to have certain
anti algae effects. Elaine discussed it he

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.a...0125dd3ad22d30

It's also been discussed over on the tcb site.

=======================
OK, I'm no chemist so can't really follow the info on Iron but I already use
Seachem's "Flourish Iron" and "Flourish comprehensive plant supplement"
This black velvety algae and the sooty looking algae thrive on it. They
thrive to the point they're overtaking all the plants in that one tank. Now
I see the same black crud starting in the other 55g tank.

What is the tcb site?

Thanks.....
--
Koi-Lo.... frugal ponding since 1995...