Old 20-02-2006, 08:09 AM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie

Default my passionfruit is dying - please help!!

In article ,
Jonno wrote:

Cant stand "latin" plant name
droppers though. Gardening is supposed to be fun. Not an exercise in
mental ability.

There are reasons for using the scientific names, though: there are three or
so different plants called Black-Eyed Susan and at least two called
Snow-in-Summer. Some plants have more than one common name -- Traveller's
Joy and Old Man's Bard are the same plant, but if I know one common name and
you know the other, we won't be able to help each other. Then there are quite
a number of Australian Natives that don't have common names at all.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"... if *I* was buying a baby I'd jolly well make sure it was at
least a two-tooth!"
Mary Grant Bruce, The Houses of the Eagle.