Old 21-02-2006, 10:46 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Dick

Default moving plants around

On 19 Feb 2006 23:45:42 -0800, "LM" wrote:

hi all,

I'm thinking about moving one of my well-established amazon sword plant
few inches from its current position.. (tank is currently
free-standing, but i'm moving it to be against a wall, so I'm thinkng
about moving the taller plants towards the back of the tank)

the killer is that my tank has UGF, and the plant has well-established
itself in the past 4 years... so i expect the roots to be completely
entanlged with the UGF plating... so.. I'll probably have to sever
most of the root system off to do this.

how damaging is this kind of move to a sword plant? or should I just
leave it?

linda

I don't have any Amazon Swords, but I do move plants and separate
plants with very reliable results, but not 100%. Not so much a
problem with moving plants, but with making 2 from 1. My Anubias tend
to get too large for their tank. Dividing them usually works, but not
always.

dick