Old 23-02-2006, 03:27 AM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
Linnette Armes

Default Pond Vacs

"Cleo" wrote in message
"mack" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me if the one's operated by mains water pressure are any
good. i.e. Do the job of clearing out the accumulation of muck and

leaves.
I am in the U.K. and these are on offer for £23.49 pp. I would be

grateful
for any views on these.
Thank you.
Mack

IMHO, they are a waste of time. I have very high water pressure and found
that they pick up the leaves OK but not the muck. And keep in mind that
while you are using it, it's adding water to your pond. I use a wet-vac

now
instead.

~ Gary

I have a very basic hand operated pond vac that works just fine. It does

remove water at the same time but that goes onto the garden so nothing is
wasted. A change of about a third of the pond water in the Spring if the
pump has been idle over winter is a good thing anyway.

Linnette